Feb 12, 2010

google buzz

about Google Buzz... I'm just not sure I want to be sharing my contacts with other people. this is akin to giving out someone's phone number without their permission.
so, with that in mind, I turned off that feature in my Gmail accounts.
to turn off Google Buzz entirely, read the small print at the bottom of your Gmail account.
however, that's not saying that I do not want to share my activities with some of my contacts.
I use Google Picasa, I have Google profiles, I use Google Reader, Google Docs, and Google Wave.
in fact, I use Google exclusively for everything.
my simple solution to decide which contacts I share what with: I created groups for my Gmail contacts:
- picasa shared
- profile shared
- reader shared
I put the appropriate contacts in each of those groups.
next, I went to each: Picasa, Profile, Reader, etc, and used those groups to share with.
this makes it quite easy to change what I share with whom, simply by adding or removing contacts from those groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment